Our commitment to seeing in Christ in every person calls us to solidarity and action with those struggling in the Washington DC area and in the world.
- St. Thomas’ Parish was a founding congregation of Samaritan Ministry, whose Next Step program provides housing and employment search guidance, coaching, and referrals to partner services.
- Each year we adopt an apartment for the Transitional Housing Corporation that provides support for at risk families in the District of Columbia.
- We support the work of the Trinidad Conservation Project in Honduras and support the Millennium Development Goalsinitiative of our Diocese.
- We support Martha’s Table, helping to find sustainable solutions to poverty, and serve breakfasts at Christ House, a residential medical facility for the homeless.
- The parish also hosts two 12-step groups that meet weekly in our building; we serve as a voting precinct for the District of Columbia; and we host a number of other non-profit groups holding events regularly at St. Thomas’ Parish.