Our commitment to seeing in Christ in every person calls us to solidarity and action with those struggling in the Washington DC area and in the world.
- St. Thomas’ Parish was a founding congregation of Samaritan Ministry, whose Next Step program provides housing and employment search guidance, coaching, and referrals to partner services.
- Each year we adopt an apartment for the Transitional Housing Corporation that provides support for at risk families in the District of Columbia.
- We support the work of the Trinidad Conservation Project in Honduras and support the Millennium Development Goals initiative of our Diocese.
- We support Martha’s Table, helping to find sustainable solutions to poverty,
- On the first Saturday of each month, our volunteers make dinner at Christ House, a long-term medical facility for the disadvantaged. These volunteers enjoy coming up with healthy and fresh recipes, shopping for the ingredients, and then preparing the meal to feed an average of 60 residents. The residents graciously share these meals with the volunteers from the parish. New volunteers are warmly welcomed and encouraged to join! Contact Laura Sinram at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The parish also hosts two 12-step groups that meet weekly in our building; we serve as a voting precinct for the District of Columbia; and we host a number of other non-profit groups holding events regularly at St. Thomas’ Parish.